Lednice Chateau (in German das Schloss Eisgrub) is situated in the town of Lednice on the right bank of the river Dyje approximately 12 km east from Mikulov in the South Moravian region. The chateau with a large garden is one of the most beautiful complexes in the Czech Republic. The Liechtenstein family gained the Lednice domain in 1249 and owned it for almost 700 years.
During wide reconstruction in the middle of 19th century, the Chateau got its present shape in a style imitating English Tudor Gothic. The reconstructed original renaissance chateau from the 16th century was even by then surrounded by the large garden. The chateau came through important reconstruction at the end of the 17th century when it was transformed into baroque shape according to designs of prominent Italian architect Domenico Martinelli and Jan Bernard Fischer of Erlach. The building of the Chateau is very richly decorated in neo- gothic style.